Event Info & Frequently Asked Questions
FattyFest offers experienced fatty-riders and newcomers alike the opportunity to shake off the cold, embrace the season and spend time with friends on bikes. There will be demo bikes, a demo area, recreational tour routes and races (Expert and Sport classes) – something for everybody!
Date & Venue:
- Saturday February 25, 2017
- Check-in opens at 9AM
- Waterville Valley Town Square, 33 Village Rd, Waterville Valley, NH 03215
- Schedule – check it out here.
Ride: Only true fat bikes are allowed in the Series (no mountain bikes). See the Gear page for details.
I got no ride:( For those without a ride, a limited number of demo bikes will be available (see Gear page for details).
Courses/Routes: Varies by discipline (Demo, Tour, Race) but designed to please!
Age: You must be at least 14 years of age to participate in races (riders under the age of 18 must have their registration application signed by a parent or guardian).
Register: Online registration is encouraged and limited day-of-event registration may be available at all events. Check our Facebook page for Registration web page for updates.
Race Class: When you register to race you will have to pick Class – Expert (experienced) or Sport (casual/newbie).
Goods: We’ve got Polartec and 45NRTH supporting us plus several area bike shops and other sponsors helping out so we can expect some great swag and prizes from them as well!
· How old must I be to participate?
You must be at least 14 years of age to participate in races.
· What kind of bike do I need to participate?
You must ride a fat bike – see the Gear page for details.
· What if I don’t own a fat bike? Waterville’s Nordic Center has rentals and several bike brands in our Vendor Village will have demos on hand. You may want to reserve one in advance – see the Gear page for details.
· What if I am not the “racer” type? Not a problem – do a Tour instead OR feel free to enter a race anyway. Think of it as a timed ride with friends!
· Do I have to wear a helmet?
Yes, all participants are required to wear a US DOT approved or CPSC standard helmet. No brain bucket? Then you can’t ride.
· What about the weather?
We’re hearty New Englanders and plan to roll rain, snow or shine….unless conditions are absolutely terrible, and then we’ll post cancellation/re-schedule notices.
· So how do I stay warm?
Dress appropriately in layers, consider using hand and foot warmer paks. Many Town Square businesses will be open and they keep their customers toasty.
· What if I register but can’t ride?
We will miss you but, sorry, Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
For questions contact Arlon Chaffee at email@example.com.